[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Rocket Mass Heater Cast Core Plans

Rocket Mass Heater Cast Core Plans

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Rocket Mass Heater Cast Core Plans

Postby matt walker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Ben,
Welcome, glad to have you here. Here's the riser video:

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby wfwarner » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 am

well it is finally a 100 degrees in Texas so what better way to celebrate than casting my rocket stove. had all the material and research so it was the thing to do. my mix set up great and I will have a hard time waiting for 7 days for it to cure. when I take the forms off I will post some pics and again when I fire it up.
wfwarner

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:20 pm

That is great work, and I agree, what better time to cure your core than when its 100* outside. :D I am use everyone is thinking ahead like you are, well, maybe not everyone. :lol: Can't wait for the pictures. I am sure it will come out of the mold cleanly for you.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby wfwarner » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:59 am

fired up my rocket yesterday after a 7 day cure. had two small cracks that can be easily fixed. after the burn the wall was cool to the touch. my thermometer only goes up to 500 and reached that real quick at the top of the insulated riser. will fire it up again tomorrow and get some pictures. already planning my next one with a glass window so I can view the flames.
wfwarner

Postby wfwarner » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:00 am

fire it up again this evening and I am amazed how hot the inside of the core gets in relation to the outside of the core. I used my own mix after reviewing all I could digest of others. I have been in the concrete industry for a very long time as an inspector and working for an engineering company which test materials for clients. I will share it if any one wants to know my mix. when I say my mix it is what I decided to use based upon spending the least amount of money for the best finished product. it is a lot like what others on rocket stoves have come up with so it is safe to say that others deserve the credit and not me. I am already designing my next stove so I can use glass as I want see how the flames are moving. My thanks to all who have shared info on the rocket stove.
Bill
wfwarner

Postby pdk17 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:25 am

Hi Bill.

Would love to see that recipe again!

Thanks
Piet
pdk17

Postby wfwarner » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:01 pm

the mix I used was 1 part masonary mix and 1 part perlite. I used 1 bag of masonary mix with equal amount of perlite and added 1/2 bag of type N cement. this is a flowable . it is strong and insulated. all the supplies were purchased at Home Depot.
wfwarner

Postby wfwarner » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:13 am

I wish someone would have told this rocket stove bldg. was addicting. Planning my second with a glass window to see the flames. where can a thermometer be purchased to take high temps these stoves produce?
wfwarner

Postby wfwarner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:58 am

just fabricated 2 more heater cores. putting pictures on photo shop so I can post them here soon. my first works great but I like to see inside so these two will have glass for viewing.
wfwarner

Postby wfwarner » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:35 am

is there a limit to the number of ft. that tubes in bench can be and is there a preferred length for tubes in bench?
wfwarner

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling