BOOH VII

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: BOOH VII

Postby matt walker » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:51 pm

It is so good to hear from you Nutcase! You were way, way ahead of the curve man, people are still just nosing around where you were years ago now.

The forum here is mostly dead, and I take most of the blame. I've been absent, from online in general, for a while. I'm coming back to it slowly now, but honestly this stuff is just like breathing now, I don't talk about it much......it's funny, I am more into Permsteading than I've ever been, but I am just doing more than talking about it these days.

Anyway, just sayin', don't get discouraged that we aren't real active here. I am still stoked on this place as a home base, and I imagine I'll cycle back into having a lot to share at some point in the future. Good news on your move, congrats man. Keep us posted on the homestead progress, regardless of the quiet board, if you like. We are kinda quietly here, I think...at least, I am.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Nutcase » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, off the beaten track at least...

Online forums are stone soup. You provide a pot—now legal in Oregon too! What you have here works for me. I went dark for three years and you are still here, even if things are quiet at the moment. I really appreciate the warm welcome back.

But enough talking about talking about. As I hinted at earlier, I've come up with something interesting about construction with cattle panels and 2x4 lumber. I think I'll put it in this section of the forum, though it's more relevant to keeping rain off things than heating or cooling per se. I have various issues both with the place I am now and the place we are looking to move to that I would like some input on. Then of course there are rocket stove things to discuss. Your riserless core is way cool, I bought (but have yet to pick up) an 8" Derrick Build Dragon Heater with an extra core from Craig's List, not yet sure what i want to do with it. And eventually I will get back to my own experimentation. Etc.
Mark
(aka Nutcase)
Nutcase

Postby matt walker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Sounds good man.....I kinda like that we just sorta lope along here at our own pace. So, post your stuff as you get to it, I promise I'll come back and check in now and then. I'm up to some activity as well, but am not ready to get too excited about it online yet....so, see you around my friend!
matt walker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling