Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Postby DrewInToledo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:15 am

Did your stove keep Tobacco Road warm this winter?
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:19 pm

.. Howdy Pards! .. been awhile since I been by, missed you folks .. been busy with a hundred projects, jumping from one to another, bringing each one along little by little .. great fun!

.. Drew, very happy with Soapy Stove .. I been burnin' wood for 30 years and this is the best performing stove I ever seen .. though it was pretty mild last Winter, it was still Winter and did the whole thing with a little under one cord .. load it up, get it goin, and forget about it for 10 hours .. can't beat that!

.. anyway, some news .. a tree company was doing the power lines through my neighborhood and needed a place to dump the chips .. I happily obliged .. before it was over they delivered around 20 truckloads! ..

.. took down this dead Maple tree hanging over my shop/barn to make room for the privacy fence I want to put up ..

... just finished splitting this years firewood supply for next Winter, about 2 cords there, be moving them up the hill and into the hoops soon ..

... and of course Sadie has been making new friends ..

... hope you and yourn are all well and thriving .. going back to work on my hundred projects, will report back soon .. Tru
TruGrit

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:32 am

Looks like you got plenty of fire wood for next year Tru. That is great, I too have been working around the place, Hope to post pictures soon. One of my neighbors moved down your way, wanted the warmer weather. Oh well, to each his own I guess. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Excellent to see where you are Tru, things are progressing so quickly! I'm so happy to hear you were satisfied with the Woodstock, that's great. They are incredible stoves, for sure. And dude! That's a whole lot of wood chips! Awesome.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby TruGrit » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:53 pm

.. Thx fellas .. yeah, the chips were a real treat .. they always seem to come rolling in just when I need them .. the garden / orchard is well covered and now I'm covering anywhere that's hard to mow, so I don't have to .. ;)

.. The firewood is put up, but think I'm gonna split some more to fill up the hoops .. just don't look right .. OCD I reckon .. lol .. each hoop holds 1-1/2 cord and would like to see 3 hoops full each Fall .. prolly get there next year ...

.. The newest project is a privacy fence to keep out prying eyes .. then, I plan to add another section on the rear of the shop/barn .. I've already removed the trees back there and working on grading it out ...

... after that, I plan to add a carport off the East side of the house and a 2 stall garage on the West end .. hopefully get those started by the Fall ... next Spring will be the launch of the garden/orchard and the chooks ...

.. well, back to work, hope y'all are doing well! ... Tru
TruGrit

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon May 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Looking GREAT Tru!

". The firewood is put up, but think I'm gonna split some more to fill up the hoops .. just don't look right .. OCD I reckon .." I have that, too.. But get it right, man! It's CDO. You see, the letters need to align alphabetically.

Why do you need a privacy fence in the middle of so much acreage?

Loving Sadie by the way! What a nice friend you've got there.
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Mon May 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Drew!! .. good to see ya pard! .. and congrats on the land buy .. now you're really in for it .. :lol:

... the fence is at the very edge of the property .. at the end of my dead end road .. lost folks come down and turn around there, along with paper deliveries, UPS and the like .. they can see right into my barn and see all my goodies that aren't locked up .. just keeping everyone honest .. if that's possible .. ;)

.. ya know, I sent that picture of Sadie out to friends and family and only about half notice what Sadie is looking at ... take another look at the branch stump .. Sadie's other friend .. :shock:
TruGrit

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Yep! Saw the critter! I don't know how anyone could miss it to be honest.

A shotgun seems to keep people honest, too.
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Wed May 18, 2016 5:55 pm

... Spring rains have been slowing things down a bit, but between storms I been getting the fence built ..

.. cemented in each post and also a brace on every post .. just to be on safe side ..

.. dang, that's a lotta slats ..

.. all painted up ..

.. with that done, next gonna put an addition on the back of the shop, and start a garage/gym for the Mrs ..
TruGrit

Postby Lollykoko » Mon May 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Looking good!
Lollykoko

PreviousNext

Return to Members' 'steads